We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate & creative Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails) to join our team with Linux environments design and development of ETL data process app integration.
What you’ll be doing
You would be working on the backend component of new features from start to finish which would include everything from early prototypes to getting the production server ready to check for security concerns. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering and backend. You will act independently and work in collaboration with other team members.
You need to be familiar with the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Web sockets and web workers.
- Unix: bash, piping, SSH, tools (cat, awk, sed), basics of standard input/output
- Basic principles of database design
Here is a list of what we consider baseline fundamentals that you need to be familiar with no matter what area of the platform you work on:
- Basic experience with ORM
- Software Design Patterns
- Functional Programming Principles
- Even Oriented (including asynchronous) Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Prototype Based Programming
- Coding Best Practices
- Refactoring Best Practices
- Test-Driven Development
- Possess a good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience designing, building large-scale Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec and Rescue
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
- Proficient in bash shell
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
- Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes